Friday, August 9, 2013

Action Research Plan Revisions


I received some interesting feedback on my action research blog.  I am researching the effectiveness of Promethean Boards on learning in the ELA classroom.  Kathleen Mansfield pointed out that interactive whiteboards are used by the teacher 85% of the time and that students have little interaction with the boards.  While this wasn't a suggestion for change to my ARP, I found this an interesting area to explore in my research. Joan Evans suggested I use surveys for qualitative data.  I do currently plan to use surveys; however, Joan’s suggestion was to ask students about their feelings towards interactive white boards.  I thought this was an interesting direction since teachers simply assume students like interacting with the IWBs. I have decided to include Joan’s questions in my student survey.  Likewise, Kathleen’s comment gave me something to ponder, and I plan research teacher versus student interaction with Promethean Boards.  Once again, blogging is a great tool for getting thoughts flowing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment